Friday, 8 March 2013

Five Minute Friday: Home

Today I will link up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday for the first time.

What does Five Minute Friday mean? Quote from Lisa-Jo's website:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!

I will give it a try today. 



Home...

GO

When I think of home, the first thing that comes to mind is my son. More than anything else I want to give him a safe home, a haven where he always feels loved, protected, and welcome. A place where he can be just himself, without anyone judging him for his unfamiliar behaviour. I hope that when he is grown up he always remembers this house as his home where he felt comfy and protected.

Then I think about my other home, the one I left more than ten years ago. The one my heart still aches for on some days. My home town, the place I always said I would never leave. But then you meet you to-be-husband and you have to decide if never really is never. Or if you are brave and couragious and take the leap into the dark and the unknown and leave the town where you were born and raised. The house you grew up in, the friends you have known since elementary school and who stayed there because they love this town just as much as you do. And sometimes my heart hurts for that place, therefore I try to return as often as I can.

STOP



6 comments:

  1. Saying goodbye to the place we love is never easy, even when we're saying hello to something better. So glad you decided to join in FMF today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    I loved your two pictures of home - creating a nurturing place for your son, and then that place that nurtured you. I'm sure your home (home-town) will always be part of you even when you can't be there.

    This is also my first time doing FMF! I've enjoyed it - hope to meet you back here again!

    Blessings on you as you create a home for your son,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue! Will hop over and check your FMF, too! Take care!

      Delete
  3. Hi Joy
    Detriech Bonhoffer once sais you can kiss your friends and family goodbye, dit there is always a world living in you,
    Such profound truth. Over via FMF
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this is a really beautiful quote! Will check out your blog post on FMF, too! xo

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)