Friday, 15 March 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday - 3: I did something stupid


I am finally back on the bandwagon and linking up with FTSF.


I did something really stupid once, I…

... tried to hide my online shopping parcel from my husband. And he found it. Ugh. 

You know, my hubs is not always too enthralled about my online shopping behaviour. Because I love online shopping. I think it is the best invention ever: you can take your time to choose what you want to keep, try it on several times, you can combine the clothes with the ones you already have at home and see what matches, you have the biggest variety available and do not even have to leave your couch for it. Paradise! Very often I order a bunch of stuff, try it on at home and return most of it again. Not because I love ordering stuff just for the sake of it and not keeping anything but because a lot of clothes look totally dorky when you try them on and do NOT resemble the picture shown on the internet. So I order a lot and only keep a bit out of that. And since my man ususally just notices what is delivered but not what I return we have some discussions here and then... ;-)

So I started to use a certain strategy: hide the stuff from him during the process of choose and return, then wait a few weeks and then, casually, wear it at any random opportunity without even mentioning it. Sometimes he might ask me "are these jeans/shoes/whatever" new?" and I go "this?? No, that's oooold, I just haven't worn it for a while" or "actually I already bought that last year" (um.... well. It's not so flattering for me to admit all of this...).

Anyway, some days ago I received a parcel while he was home. I answered the door and thought "where am I gonna hide this??" and the only place that came to my mind was the space underneath the stairs of our back door entrance. I stuffed it underneath as far as I could and wanted to fetch it later. And then I forgot about it.

Turns out he has the nose of a drug-sniffing dog because some days later the parcel stood on the kitchen table. Oops. He just put it there without any comment to me. I found it when I went in there, sitting on the table like my big fat bad conscience. I am still embarrassed when I think about it. And I still wonder what he thought when he found it.

And this was when I decided to stop doing this. And I am really ashamed and sorry. :-(

But before I put on the penitential robe let me just take those three parcels to the post office before he comes home! :-D


Thank you to Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholicf, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real and Dawn of Dawn's Disaster for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!

Next week's sentence to finish: "One time when I was bored out of my mind, I..."




16 comments:

  1. Oh I love shopping online and for awhile was quite addicted to buying/selling Pandora and Trollbead Charms online. I hide it all pretty well from my husband, because I used my Paypal, but am with you and am now reformed!! Great post and thank you for linking up with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is returning stuff online easy? I was under the impression it was a major pain in the butt, so I never order anything where there's a chance I have to return it. Maybe I should continue believing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is much too easy, at least where I live. Don't know about the USA. Here we receive a return sticker with most of the parcels. If you return something which is worth more than 40 Euro then the seller is obliged to pay the return fee. So you just put the sticker on the parcel, take it to the post office and return it. Simple as that!

      Delete
  3. BUSTED!! I'm with you on the online shopping though, especially at Christmas. Nothing like skipping those huge mall crowds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas shopping has never been so relaxed before! I don't get why everyone is so stressed out about it. Since I do it online it is a walk in the park.

      Delete
  4. HA! I do this ALL the time. Well not so much hide the parcels, but order something and have it delivered to my office :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I am so glad I am not the only one! I see that many women get what I am talking about! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I avoid shopping online because I am afraid I would be too lazy to return the stuff I didn't like, and I'd end up wasting twice as much money. :( You make a very good point, though! Glad to see you back with us- thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, of course you have to return the stuff in time, otherwise it gets really expensive!

      Delete
  7. Hahah! I can't believe that you hid the package and then when your husband found it, he just left it on the table. That's funny! :)
    Except now I really want to get online and do some shopping. Resisting the urge...and so true that many things look better in the picture than they do in person. Boo to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, did you give in to your desire?

      Delete
  8. O no! Hope he wasn't too mad! On the brighter side, I'm sure you look lovely in your new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case it wasn't even clothing!

      Delete
  9. oh that's funny! totally sounds like something i would do!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)