Thursday, 21 March 2013

Can you imagine...

... that I just cried because one of the nurses of our paediatrician is moving to another city and had her last day in the practice of our paediatrician today?

I went there to pick up a prescription and when I was about to leave and already halfway through the door she called after me, got up and told me that it was her last day today. And immediately my eyes welled up with tears and I asked her if I could hug her. I wished her the best for her future and was so sad because she was always super nice to Sunny. She said that she already cried, too, but then again this is something totally comprehensible since this is her working place and she has to leave all her lovely colleagues and her great boss. 

However, I think I have taken being a wimp to a whole new level. ;-) But people who are that nice to my son are near and dear to my heart, therefore I just had to shed some tears.


7 comments:

  1. Awww...I would have cried, too. I cried when it was Tucker's last day of his first speech therapist and I didn't even adore her that much. It was wimpy.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Boo's rheumatologist moved to Singapore I asked her if we could still be patients! It is awful when you have a great doc/nurse and they move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerri, I really had to lol about the Singapore rheumatologis! It might have been a BIT to far away! :-)

      Delete
  3. Nah, that's not wimpy. That's so TRUE! I hope though that you find a great relationship with another nurse. Have a great weekend. Congrats on the baptism in the family. Hope the service goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alana, thank you for your nice wishes! The baptims was very nice, only Sunny was not really interested in it and it was quite a challenge to keep him from disturbing the service. We left the church for 30 minutes, then returned.

      Delete
  4. we see our doctors and nurses and therapists more often than we see family, it's only natural to be a little sad when one of them is exiting our life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much to all of you! I am glad that you completely understand me! That feels good!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)