Sunday, 17 February 2013

We are back

Does anybody even remember me? It feels like half an eternity has passed since I posted the last time. And this place is probably deserted now :-/ I do hope my few readers will come back!


We returned from my parents already some days ago but with Sunny being home due to a holiday week there was absolutely no time to post yet. He is extra clingy lately and needing me constantly so I am glad that he will return to kindergarten tomorrow. The house is a mess and I just cannot pick the space up thoroughly because he wreaks havoc again in no time. I always call him "master of desaster" because he is the most content when he is sitting in a huge heap of toys and books and stuff. :-)

We had a great time at home and enjoyed ourselves a lot. Sunny had a cold while we were there (nothing serious though) but that did not keep us from diving deep into the carnival, me attending some of the parades and Sunny watching them with my parents.

Most of all he loves the bands and especially the drums. This is what makes him really happy and he had so much fun there. When I told him we were going to the carnival some weeks before we left he immediately signed "drum" because he remembered from last year what he loved the most about it. He was dressed as a cat and got loads and loads of candy by the attendants of the parade. Once he was startled by a witch but my mom could soothe him before he burst out into tears. It was really cold so I had to make sure he wore warm clothes. So he looked like a really fat cat with his winter coat and snow pants under the costume ;-) He was the cutest kitty cat ever! <3

The region where I come from has a centuries-old tradition of celebrating the carnival and I am proud to wear our traditional costume while I am there and attend the parades. It is so much fun and it feels so good, so homey. It is something I really look forward to every year and I never fail to go home during that time. I searched Youtube for some videos so that you can see what it is like. Maybe you like it, maybe you think it is weird. ;-) Anyway, this is not from my home town but you get a good impression of what it is like. Just to watch the video now makes my heart swell with happiness and I am already looking forward to next year!



6 comments:

  1. Joy! I'm so glad that you're back. Your trip sounds super fun and the carnival looks like it'd be a blast to attend. How cool is it that Sunny remembered the drums from last year? One year is a long time for him to remember that - they must have made a huge impression on him :)

    Glad he's back in school tomorrow - it'll be nice for you to have some time to catch up. Tucker's school is closed tomorrow (US holiday) so I will have to find more ways to keep him entertained. Always a little challenge...and there is no cleaning taking place when he's there to pull all the toys I put away right back out.

    Super glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kristi, it is so nice to know that I was missed! xo
      Yeah, I was impressed too about the thing with the drums. He really has a very good memory.
      As for tomorrow I do not really have time to catch up as I have two appointments in the morning, on for my skin cancer prevention and one with regards to the Mother-Child Convalescent Care we are planning to do *sigh*.
      Hope you will enjoy your holiday tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Welcome home! My friend's husband just returned from Carnival in Columbia. But I am not sure exactly where he is from. I bet your relatives fell back in love with Sunny and were impressed with how far he has come in a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerri! That sounds interesting re: the Carnival in Columbia! Did he like it?
      My relatives see us quite often actually, normally every 2-3 months at the latest. But they fall in love with Sunny every time again nevertheless! xo

      Delete
  3. What is it with kids and dragging out every toy they have? I swear I look at our mess and just have no idea where to begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I so know what you mean! Take your time and one room at a time if you still recover from your illness!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)