Monday, 14 January 2013

Taking a deep breath

I have been crazily busy last week so that there was not really time for blogging. I also fell behind on following my favourite blogs and I have a hard time catching up on them.

The next weeks are already full of appointments both for Sunny and me as I finally managed to make appointments for my skin and breast cancer prevention and one at the dentist. I made an appointment for the application of our Mother-Child Convalescent Care. I am also planning on taking yoga classes again. There will be a date with the kindergarten teachers about Sunny's transition to school in September and another date for the introduction of his talker. These are all in additon to Sunny's regular therapy schedule.

Somehow I feel worn out. The grey weather and the darkness make me pensive, sad, and tired. I hope my mood will shift soon to my more positive and motivated self again.

On a much lighter note, I had a wonderful evening with an old friend of mine on Friday. We had not been in contact for more than a year but when we met again it was like no time had passed at all. We indulged in delicious food and I spoiled her with one of my famous Cosmopolitans. So I stayed at her apartment until 2:20 in the morning. It had snowed while I was with her and it took me more than one hour to drive home so that I hit my pillow at 3:30. Being the early bird that he is, Sunny woke up at 5:30 which means I woke up at 5:30, too. To say I was tired that day was an understatement but it was totally worth it. It was so good to have a lot of laughs and fun that night.


6 comments:

  1. I have had my fingers crossed for a good old fashioned snow day since school began for the year! No snow yet, just really cold temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is cold here, too, and we already had much more snow than we wished for. And there is more snow to come tonight! Ugh.
      Does it normally snow where you live?

      Delete
  2. Two hours of sleep is brutal! Sounds like it was worth it, though. Spending time with friends can be so energizing, especially when you are having a blah week. I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, and I would do it again! :-)

      Delete
  3. Not getting enough sleep is so hard. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. It happens to all of us, I guess. Maybe on the weekend, you and Sunny can bundle up and go sledding or something. Here, it's just wet and chilly. I wish we had snow to play in! And I hear you on the "too busy to blog" deal. There are days when I have no idea how I will keep on posting. It's hard! Hang in there. I'm so happy you got to giggle and hang out with your good friend. That's medicine for the soul!

    Maybe you can make your husband get up with Sunny on Saturday so you can sleep in??
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am okay again with regard to the sleep deprivation as I went to bed on Saturday evening at 9:30 and that was sufficient. I guess I am used to having little sleep ;-)
      Unfortunately, there is is not enough snow to go sledding, but since it is going to snow more it might be in a few days.

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)