Wow ladies, that was a surprise for me for sure! This week I was nominated for the Liebster Award four times in a row! How awesome is that?!!? I am beyond humbled and happy and thankful! And I really feel like I belong to a community of awesome bloggers, and this feeling of belonging to a community is something I wanted to experience when I started blogging. So, thank you once again with all of my heart!
The Liebster Award in yellow was given to me from Alana at A Boy Named Silas, from Misty at Meet the Cottons and from Kerri at Undiagnosed, but we are okay with that.
The Liebster Award in pink was given to me from Stephanie at Mommy, for real.
BTW, "Liebster" is German and can either mean "favourite" or "darling". In this case I would say it
means favourite (like in favourite blog), but you could also say “My (Mein) Liebster” as a noun,
for example when you talk to your husband and then it means “my darling”.
Seriously, I feel like an actress being showered with Oscars!!! Just the beautiful evening gown is missing as I sit here wearing my yoga pants but just try to imagine me wearing one. A long, black, one-shoulder gown with a lot of glitter and bling-bling on it. This is UN-BE-LIEV-AB-LE!!
Awards always mean a lot of work and since I was awarded it by four different bloggers I have a lot of work to do and questions to answer!
First of all, here are the rules:
Liebster Award Rules
1. You must thank the person who gave you this award - DONE
2. You must display the Liebster heart on your blog - DONE
3. You should nominate 3-5 or 11 (there are different rules out there) up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 subscribers
4. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
5. Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
6. Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer
7. Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post.
8. Don't give the award back to the blog that gave it to you.
4. So, here are 11 things about me (this is never easy for me because I almost cannot come up with anything interesting about myself):
1. I used to write a diary on a regular basis when I was much younger, I still have all of them and I love reading them from time to time (although they are sometimes really embarrassing!)
2. As a kid I often refused to open my mouth at the dentist. When I was older my dentist read my file to me and most of the time it said "she denied treatment"!
3. I love my iPhone and my iPad but I would NEVER buy an iMac! Seriously, this is the worst computer EVER for me! Sorry Apple followers!
4. I cannot stand it when people don't say words right (once I was in the living room with my MIL and corrected the newscaster because she said something wrong).
5. I met my husband online back in a time when it was not normal.
6. I am bad at throwing away things and when I try to I always think "what if you throw it away now and need it next week?". But no, I am not a hoarder (or at least I try not to become one!).
7. I love to surprise my friends with thoughtful presents out of the blue.
8. The Christmas tree is still up, but I took the ornaments down this week and will get rid of the rest of the tree within the next days. Hopefully.
9. I hate hot temperatures. Everything above 28-30 °C is horrible for me.
10. But I am always cold in the winter.
11. I prefer phone calls instead of writing e-mails. I am a multitasker and do most of my household chores during phone calls, whereas writing e-mails needs me to sit down and solely write. That's why I don't like writing mails that much.
5. The next part: questions I have to answer. Since there are so many to answer you might want to skip that section before you get bored. If you still want to know all the stuff about me, go on reading...
Let me start with Misty's.
1. Name a food that you would not eat as a child, but enjoy as an adult. I really like beetroot now, but only as salad.
2. What was the last movie you watched or the last book you read? Last movie: "Silver Lining". Last book: "The Agency" by Allie O'Brien.
3. What is your favorite Girl Scout Cookie and why? Sorry, no Girl Scout Cookies sold here! ;-) But I love chocolate truffles.
4. Do you have a favorite movie soundtrack and what is it? "Grease" with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.
5. Are you "a little bit country" or "a little bit rock and roll"? More rock and roll.
6. Do you think it's weird that I sort my dirty laundry? Absolutely not because I do it, too! :-D
7. What is your favorite ice cream topping? Ice cream toppings are not common here. But I love banana split ice cream!
8. What word do you almost always misspell? Embarrassment and necessary.
9. Do you have pets? Unfortunately not, my husband is allergic.
10. Words to live by. Faith is taking that first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
11. Are you a social butterfly or a recluse? Social butterfly, but I need breaks inbetween for myself.
Now on to Stephanie's questions.
1. Are you superstitious? A bit (is that possible?).
2. What is your favorite part of the day? When the day is over and I can huddle up on the sofa with something delicious to drink and my blanket.
3. Name something you are really good at. English ;-) (compared to many others here, not compared to a native speaker probably). If you think this answer is not appropriate I can offer you dancing as my second choice.
4. Name something you are really bad at. Keeping the house tidy.
5. How much sleep do you need at night to get through your day? Sunny did not sleep through a single night before he was 4 1/2 years old and he still does not do it regularly but rather now and then. I think I got used to little sleep so when he has bad nights I function just as good as after a good night. I take as much sleep as I can get and make the best of it.
6. If you could have any job, what would it be? I always dreamt of being an astrophysicist, work in an observatory and discover new stars.
7. If you could go on vacation anywhere for free, where would you go? Japan
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Connecting with other awesome bloggers
9. What is your least favorite thing about blogging? That as soon as my post of the day is published I have to think of the one for the next day... sometimes, when I am uninspired, it feels like being Sisyphus ;-)
10. What is your favorite movie? Dirty Dancing (oops...)
11. What is your worst habit? Procrastinating things until I have the pressure to finish them! I hate it but still I do it again and again.
Next: Kerri's questions.
1. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I would change the structure of my hair (from curly and thin to straight and thick).
2. High heels, sneakers or flip flops? High heels, flip flops or barefoot.
3. The Beach, the City or the Mountain? Definitely the beach! And I am so sad that we live so far from any beach! :-(
4. Who is your favorite singer/group? I really like Maroon 5 but I don't really have one favourite group or singer.
5. If you could vacation anywhere (expense is not a consideration) where would you go and why? Japan because I love the mixture of modern, traditional, and crazy and because I think the landscpape is beautiful.
6. Do you mind that my blog is sometimes snarky? Not at all! Snarky is good and I like being snarky, too. It is just difficult to be snarky (or funny or anything else) in a foreign language, but I try my best to keep my writing interesting.
7. What is one thing we would be surprised to know about you? I guess what I look like ;-) because there are no pictures of me on this blog.
8. Favorite, guilty pleasure, TV show? Grey's Anatomy.
9. Favorite book or author? I like the books by Sujata Massey.
10. Do you admit to having a favorite child? Ha! This one is easy! Yes, I admit that I do, because I only have one child!
11. If you could replace your life with one from the Disney Channel which show would you pick? Sorry, no Disney Channel here.
Last but not least: Alana's questions.
1. Think of the day your child received his or her diagnosis. What is the first word that comes to mind? Since we do not have a diagnosis the first word that comes to my mind is frustration over the lack of a diagnosis (I used to be frustrated at the beginning of our search for a diagnosis. Meanwhile I am okay with not having one.).
2. Who is your favorite doctor, specialist, or therapist for your child and why? Our paediatrician. She knows Sunny since he was 8 days old (which was the day after we were discharged from the hospital) and I know that we are on the same team. She totally understands him and she does everything she can to help us with whatever we need. And she is always so tender when she treats him. I love her!
3. What symptom of your child's disability breaks your heart the most? That he is almost nonverbal. Because there is so much he tries to tell me.
4. What symptom of your child's disability is actually somewhat endearing? How he speaks in his own language.
5. What is something your child is REALLY good at? He has got a magnificent commemoration! I am always astonished what he remembers!
6. In three words, describe how you have changed after becoming a special-needs parent. More tolerant, grateful and aware.
7. How has having a special-needs child impacted your spiritual life? It has not really changed anything, to be honest. I am not a very spiritual person although I do believe in God. But I do not blame him or hold him responsible or anything.
8. Would you take away your child's disability if you could? Why or why not? I would take it away because he would have it so much easier in life. However, I would never want to change his personality and who he is. But I would like to help him to struggle less in life and to insure that he can live independently when he has grown up. This would be the most important thing why I would like to take it away from him.
9. What is the most disrespectful thing anyone has ever said to you or your child? It was on a playground. Sunny walked around there and another child placed himself right in front of him, pointed at him, laughed out loud and shouted to his friend "Now look at that guy! Boy does he look funny!". Wow. That really broke my heart and I was so overwhelmed because I had not expected something like this. And it was the first time this happend to us.
10. "One thing I wish more people realized about my child is ..." ...how awesome he is and that there is more than meets the eye!
11. If you were to articulate all the wishes you have for your child, what would they be? I wish for him to learn how to talk, to never stop progressing, and to be able to live an independent life when we are old and gone.
6. Now I have to think of 11 questions that my nominees have to answer. Here goes:
1. What household task do you hate the most?
2. Which positive event or situation from your childhood do you remember the most?
3. If you had a time machine to go back in time, would you change anything in your life? What would it be?
4. Do you do any sports?
5. Which famous person would you choose to have dinner with?
6. Name three things (not persons!) you cannot live without.
7. Something you would love to be able to do but never learnt or are not talented enough for?
8. What is your most favourite song of all times?
9. What would you do if you won 1 million Dollars in the lottery?
10. Your favourite meal?
11. What do you see when you look out of the window right now?
3. Ta-daaa! And now on the the award-passing ceremony! It was actually hard for me to choose the nominees because a lot of blogs I
would have given the award to either received it within the
last days, too, or they have much more than 200 followers or they gave the award to me. So I nominated 8 instead of 11. Some of them might have a bit more than 200 followers but I chose them nevertheless. After all, this is my Oscar night! While I have been reading some of them for quite a while, there are others that I just recently discovered and now I would like to know more about them! Please check them out!
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
Tatum at Ain't No Roller Coaster
Annie at Simple. I Just Do.
Leah at Sunshine in a Hypotonic World
Rachel at This Journey Our Life
ProfMomEsq (sorry, I haven't found your name anywhere on the blog!)
Jacqueline at My So-Called High Functioning Life
Amy at Taking It Day By Day With Developmental Delays
Jeanie at Reinventing Mommy
Congrats to you! Please put a link to your response in my comments section so I don't miss it! You can choose the pink or the yellow award. If you have one of them already, just pick the other one.
Wow, I made it! This was hard work! ;-) This is probably the longest post in the history of mankind!