Wednesday, 16 January 2013

I am so NOT Martha Stewart

Being undiagnosed can have a lot to do with genetics. Because it is possible that developmental delays are of genetic origin and that the gene causing the delays just has not been found yet. 

However, what I DO know for certain is that I am missing a gene. And this, my friends, is the decoration gene. I don't know what it is all about. I think I am a totally untypical woman with everyone else decorating their homes in a nice way and always corresponding to the seasons and special events like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter etc. Me? I fail. Again and again.

This occured to me again this morning when I was cleaning the corridor of our home. And there, sitting quietly amidst other things, was my proof of failure. Can you imagine that there is an Easter bunny sitting right there? And not in anticipation of the Easter season yet to come. No, it is actually sitting there since last year's Easter. Um. Now, maybe you would think it is a small and tiny Easter bunny and it can be missed easily? Well, thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt. But actually this Easter bunny is made of a tree trunk which is 54 cm (1,77 ft) high and has a diameter of 15 cm (0,49 ft).

Can it get any worse? Oh yes, it definitely can! As I already mentioned, Sunny finally loves the Christmas tree so I just do not have the heart to take the tree down. This means that there is this huge Easter bunny sitting in the corridor and the Christmas tree still fully equipped in the dining room. Oh well. 'nuff said.


14 comments:

  1. OMG this completely cracked me up! I'm laughing out loud sitting in my office all alone. I love it! Plus, it makes me feel so much better that I haven't taken down the Christmas lights outside and the stocking holders are still sitting on the fireplace. In my defense, the stockings are sitting on the couch next to the fireplace and not still hanging there.
    You're too funny. Thanks for the laughs! And at this point, you might as well just leave the Easter bunny there. It's right around the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I made you laugh! But isn't his totally embarrassing?? So kudos to you for the Christmas lights still hanging outside, yay!
      And I TOTALLY will leave that bunny there until Easter! I do hope, however, that the Christmas tree will be put away by then :-/

      Delete
  2. HA! You crack me up. I myself am missing the crafty gene. I have succeeded in ruining just about every craft project of Allies. If anyone comments on bunny tell them you are just redecorating for Easter so Sunny gets comfortable with him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that's a brilliant idea! Yay!! And I am glad I am not the only one missing that gene!

      Delete
  3. could you convince anyone that it's the beginning of a bunny collection, to which you just haven't found any other suitable additions? or is it like, pastel colors with a bow and a basket? just tell people it cost a ton of money and you can't stand the idea of hiding it away for most of the year. or that your beloved, but departed relative gave it to you and it reminds you of that wonderful person. heck, sit it in front of the tree and you can start an all holidays display this year, a little bit of everything!

    i'm not good a decorating either. i used to wonder why on earth people hired decorators instead of doing it themselves. now i know. some of us just are not blessed with the ability to create beautiful displays with our knick knacks. my stuff just looks like a hodge podge of stuff i picked up in random places. when i die, someone will have a lot of fun sorting through all of this junk i'm hoarding away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that really made me laugh out loud!! :-))) No, it is actually the tree trunk and the bunny ears are carved/cut out so it is mostly brown and then there are two green butterflies on the sides and the face is painted on the wood. Maybe I can try to get a decent picture of it. I bought it last year at Sunny's school because every year there is a so-called Easter market where the school sells selfmade stuff in order to take in cash for the school.
      The best part is the idea of putting it in front of the tree. I will totally do that!

      And yay for a decorator! If I knew one I would hire him or her immediately!

      Delete
  4. I can totally relate! I had my Christmas rugs still laying by my washing machine from last year. I intended to wash them and put them away, but it was never a priority and then all the other boxes I normally put them in were placed in the attic so I just gave up! Found you on Love That Max: Weekend Link-UP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I am so glad I am not alone. That Christmas rug could have totally been me! :-)

      Delete
  5. I do have the decorating gene--or at least I've been told I do. That is as much of a curse because we think everything has to be perfect. This post cracked me up. Thanks for sharing. Found you on Love That Max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right, always thinking everything has to be perfect is pretty stressful, I guess! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  6. Cute! We still have our tree and outside lights up this year. I am usually the type that takes it down on New Year's Day. This year I decided it would give a warm glow through these wintery months. Maybe I will get it down before Easter?

    ~ Jamie ( hopping over from Love That Max)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plan for today is at least take down the ornaments... but leave the lights a bit longer (although my husband is already "slightly" annoyed ;-) )
      Thank you Jamie for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  7. Hi again, this post that made me laugh! I'm the next one after you on TALU today, pal!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I can relate! I still have the last couple of Christmas items outside that I haven't taken down yet. There's no hope...

    Thanks for linking this up with the TALU!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)