Saturday, 26 January 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday - 2: When I was younger

... yes, I know it is Saturday now but I was unsure to post this. I did not know if this is the kind of stuff anyone would want to read about or find funny or even think this is TMI so I asked for advice. And Kristi thinks it's hilarious and that I should use it. So if you don't like it please blame Kristi! ;-)



When I was younger I tried...

tampons for the first time. And my first time was a really embarrassing experience. Let me explain why.

I was 14 and on holiday with my parents on an island where I met this wonderful girl. We immediately became friends (and she is still one of my closest friends!) and "fell in love" in a BFF kind of way.

Anyway, the hotel was chock-full with English boys, most of them older than we were. Boy, we were soo enchanted by them! They were cool and really hot and we were just starting to feel the hormones of young adulthood ;-)

So one day we had a beach date with two of the boys and I was afraid I would not be able to go because I had never used a tampon but I would have needed one that day, if you know what I mean. I had used sanitary napkins so far. So I told her about my problem and she said that she had some with her and explained to me how they are used. And wow, I got it immediately and I was soo proud of myself!

Off we went to the beach with the boys and had a wonderful time there and loads of fun. There were huge waves on the beach that day which added to the fun and we jumped around in the water like crazy and, of course, my bathing suit would now and then leave its place a bit. When we finally were tired we got out of the water. Suddenly she screamed "OMG, the string of your tampon is sticking out of your bathing suit!" (of course the boys did not understand us) and I was like "WHAT?? Where is it??? Where is it??" and I started running in circles trying to find that string but I did not succeed. I am sure I looked like a dog chasing its own tail, running and running frantically after that string. I mean, there were not too many place it could be, no? And the boys who did not know what was happening looked at me like I was completely nuts. I am still so embarrassed when I think about it.

Thank you to Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine… and Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!

Next week's sentence to finish: "When it comes to reality TV shows, I..."




14 comments:

  1. OMG, I LOVE this story! (TMI usually doesn't apply to me... ) I too had major problems using tampons for the first time- and I did it totally wrong. Way to go for sharing it with us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, so glad this story is not inappropriate! And so glad that you like it! xo

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, I love it! Never TMI! This is hilarious! And I'm pretty sure that you're not the only one in the world this happened to, if that makes you feel better. I remember seeing a photo of Britney Spears on some celebrity site or something where the same thing happened to her. In fact, I just found it for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtPiSE4AIO8

    So happy that you shared this funny story - it's awesome! I wonder what the boys thought? Did you run to the bathroom to fix it or disappear from them forever or what?
    So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were at the beach, there was no bathroom anywhere near! I guess I just tried to stuff it back into my bathing suit TOTALLY INCONSPICUOUSLY *lol* after I finally found it (probably after the hundredth round...)... I guess the boys just did not know what was wrong, they did not understand us. Don't know what they really thought! Probably something along the lines of "weird folks"!
      OMG and thank you for that youtube-link! I am so glad I am not a celebrity and nobody recorded my tampon fail!! :-)

      Delete
    2. Ugh, I know...being a celebrity means that EVERY embarrassing thing you ever do is the front page of some skeezy magazine the next day. Oh, and I love how you blamed me at the beginning if you got bad comments or something. You're so funny. And see? People LOVED it. Yay, you!

      Delete
  3. Omg, I was laughing so hard. Awesome story and think this could have happened to anyone of us when we were younger. Thanks for linking up and look forward to seeing you back next week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine! I hope I will be back and have a good idea for a post!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE a bit of TMI! And having a tampon string dangling out of the side of my bikini skivvies that was always one of my biggest fears. So much so that I always tuck it up (if you get my drift) when I'm at the pool or beach or whatever! Hehe, really glad you linked up with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie! Tucking it up is a good idea for a pro but not for a novice in tampon use! :-D

      Delete
  5. oh no! i'm so glad i'm no longer a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahahaahah! Reminds me of when I was in Hawaii for an ROTC Spring Camp. One of the girls forgot to check her "stuff" and the guys were commenting about the fuzz peeking out of the bottom of her suit. EW! :) Great story and thank you for bringing back high school memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Terrye! :-) Oh, those good old days... ;-)

      Delete
  7. Oh my!!! I think that would be as horrible as bleeding through in high school. Yours is funny though picture you running in circles. LOL TALU

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)