Saturday, 15 December 2012

Untitled

It was only yesterday that I wrote about empathy, kindness, and love.

In the evening I went to attend a private dinner party at one of my friends. On my way there I heard about what had happened in Connecticut on the radio and was shocked. My friend had turned on the TV and watched CNN. We were all glued to the TV, shocked, in dismay. My heart could not believe what my eyes saw, what my ears heard. We eventually had dinner together, but the atmosphere war sad.

As I returned home late at night I heard Sunny cry, so I went in his room to check on him. I scooped him up and comforted him, rocked him, stroked his hair and kissed him. I thought of all the innocent children who were robbed of their lives. Children the same age that Sunny is. I just cannot wrap my head around the fact that anyone would do this to innocent children, to kindergarteners. It's unthinkable.

My heart is heavy today and it breaks for all the families and friends of families that are affected. There are no words. I am deeply sorry for your loss. I lit a candle this morning for all the victims. I don't know what to say. This makes me speechless. My thoughts and prayers are with you, as parents, friends, or relatives who grieve the loss of a beloved member of the family, and as a nation.

2 comments:

  1. It is utterly heartbreaking. And so scary to think that our little babies are not safe where they're supposed to be safe - school. I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop crying. I feel like the world is broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same thoughts and feelings. I can't stop thinking about it. It is still on the radio here but we do not have as much detailed information as you have about it. For example, I have not heard any statement that said that this young man maybe had autism. This is nothing that is reported on our news so I do not know if he even had autism or not. I just read on some blogs that it was mentioned in relation to the murderer on the US news.

      I hope and pray that something like this will never happen again. I am praying for all the families that lost their babies and for the families of the adults that were killed, too.

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)