Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Beautiful Blogger: My first award

It has taken me too much time now to get my post ready about this. I could not come up with anything after the Sandy Hook massacre because it seemed so mundane and my brain was all empty. Then Christmas was just around the corner... But now I finally want to show my gratitude for the award and I would also like to pass it on and, therefore, here is my post.


Yeah right, I was really given an award!! How flippin' awesome is that?! Well, you can surely imagine that I was sniffling quite a bit when I read about it! So, here we are again, me and my tear ducts ;-) First of all I want to sincerely thank Kristi from Finding Ninee that she thought I deserved this award. I am so humbled, happy, and surprised. My blog is still quite new and I never would have thought that anyone would give me an award so soon! I am so happy that we met online. I love her blog. It is very funny, sometimes pensive, and full of her own art which I absolutely dig! You really rock, sister! xoxo

The Beautiful Blogger Award is given from one blogger to another as “a simple way to boost a blogger’s traffic, recognize a fellow writer, and celebrate someone else’s accomplishments.” The rules state that recipients post the award on their sites, list seven things about themselves, mention seven bloggers and then pass the award on.


So, here we go: seven things about me:

1) I have already seen "Dirty Dancing" a gazillion times and I am not going to stop. ;-)

2) I don't like coffee. I don't like the taste, I don't like the smell. I tried every possible combination: black, with sugar, with milk, with sugar and milk... nada. I don't like it. I don't even like chocolate with a hint of coffee in it.

3) I have only owned black or white cars in my life so far. My first car was white, the next one black, then white again, then black, black again and my current car is - yeah, you guessed it! - white.

4) Spring is my favourite time of the year. After all of these long, grey, dark, cold, and unpleasant months of winter, my eyes long for the new green and the flowers and my ears are happy to hear the birds singing again. I love the smell of spring. The temperatures are just as I like them most: not too cold, not too hot.

5) My favourite cocktail is a Cosmopolitan and, without exaggeration, the one I make is the best!

6) I am a bad housewife. I hate doing laundry, washing the windows, or ironing.

7) My most favourite song of all times is "The Boys of Summer" by Don Henley. I love this hint of sentimentality that is hidden in it. It sounds like a chilly day at the beach at the end of summer with autumn just around the corner. That may sound weird, but it is exactly what I feel when I hear it.

 


Now on to the next part: Seven blogs I really love due to various reasons, not in any particular order. While I have been a long-time reader to some of them (*), there are others that I just recently discovered (**). If you want to know why they rock, go check them out yourself:

Five Kids Is A Lot of Kids (*)
Reinventing Mommy (**)
a diary of a mom (**)
Team Aidan (*)
The Flight Of Our Hummingbird (*)
Along Came The Bird (*)
Simple. I Just Do. (**)

You can find more great blogs by awesome bloggers in my blog roll!


And now - drumrolls, please! The Beautiful Blogger Award goes to Alicia from lost in holland.! I have been reading her blog (formerly known as "Welcome To My Planet") for a very long time now and I feel so connected to her. Her blog is the perfect mixture of normal to crazy to funny to sad to emotional! She's juggling her life with four children with grace, humour, and wit. Take your time to find out more about her.

Wow, I finally put this post together! It took me like forever! So glad I finally did it!


10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention (and thank you for reading)! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I really like your blog!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely Christmas surprise! Thanks so much for your kind words and faithful following/reading. I always love hearing from people. And I look forward to reading your blog and catching up with you as well.

    Have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it, your blog is wonderful! Would love to see you stopping by from time to time!

      Enjoy the holiday season, too!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Joy, for the shout-out! Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Im just seeing this now! :) you're so cute - THANK YOU very much!!
    And congratulations to YOU too on a very well-deserved award for an awesome blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alicia, and congrats to you, too! You haven't checked your e-mails yet, right? ;-)

      Delete
  5. OMG finally I can comment!! Love my iPhone and iPad but have a heck of a time entering my name/url and commenting on other blogs with them. CONGRATS again, sweet thing! I'm so happy that you posted about this, and that you're continuing on with your beautiful blog. Moms all over the world NEED to hear our stories. They do they do and you tell yours and mine and theirs well. I'm going to look now at your shout-outs.
    Hugs and loves and I'm so excited to be BACK home! <3
    Huge love,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaargh, I know that problem with iPhone and iPad! What is even worse is that my autocorrect is all in German so every time I try to write something in English autocorrect changes the English word to a completely nonsense German word! I almost get crazy about it every time!!

      Thanks again, from the bottom of my heart, for the award! And yes, I will continue my blog (although I am still not sure if the world needs another mom blog...).

      I am so glad to have you back, yaaay!!!

      Much love to you!
      Joy

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)