Yeah right, I was really given an award!! How flippin' awesome is that?! Well, you can surely imagine that I was sniffling quite a bit when I read about it! So, here we are again, me and my tear ducts ;-) First of all I want to sincerely thank Kristi from Finding Ninee that she thought I deserved this award. I am so humbled, happy, and surprised. My blog is still quite new and I never would have thought that anyone would give me an award so soon! I am so happy that we met online. I love her blog. It is very funny, sometimes pensive, and full of her own art which I absolutely dig! You really rock, sister! xoxo
The Beautiful Blogger Award is given from one blogger to another as “a simple way to boost a blogger’s traffic, recognize a fellow writer, and celebrate someone else’s accomplishments.” The rules state that recipients post the award on their sites, list seven things about themselves, mention seven bloggers and then pass the award on.
So, here we go: seven things about me:
1) I have already seen "Dirty Dancing" a gazillion times and I am not going to stop. ;-)
2) I don't like coffee. I don't like the taste, I don't like the smell. I tried every possible combination: black, with sugar, with milk, with sugar and milk... nada. I don't like it. I don't even like chocolate with a hint of coffee in it.
3) I have only owned black or white cars in my life so far. My first car was white, the next one black, then white again, then black, black again and my current car is - yeah, you guessed it! - white.
4) Spring is my favourite time of the year. After all of these long, grey, dark, cold, and unpleasant months of winter, my eyes long for the new green and the flowers and my ears are happy to hear the birds singing again. I love the smell of spring. The temperatures are just as I like them most: not too cold, not too hot.
5) My favourite cocktail is a Cosmopolitan and, without exaggeration, the one I make is the best!
6) I am a bad housewife. I hate doing laundry, washing the windows, or ironing.
7) My most favourite song of all times is "The Boys of Summer" by Don Henley. I love this hint of sentimentality that is hidden in it. It sounds like a chilly day at the beach at the end of summer with autumn just around the corner. That may sound weird, but it is exactly what I feel when I hear it.
Now on to the next part: Seven blogs I really love due to various reasons, not in any particular order. While I have been a long-time reader to some of them (*), there are others that I just recently discovered (**). If you want to know why they rock, go check them out yourself:
Five Kids Is A Lot of Kids (*)
Reinventing Mommy (**)
a diary of a mom (**)
Team Aidan (*)
The Flight Of Our Hummingbird (*)
Along Came The Bird (*)
Simple. I Just Do. (**)
You can find more great blogs by awesome bloggers in my blog roll!
And now - drumrolls, please! The Beautiful Blogger Award goes to Alicia from lost in holland.! I have been reading her blog (formerly known as "Welcome To My Planet") for a very long time now and I feel so connected to her. Her blog is the perfect mixture of normal to crazy to funny to sad to emotional! She's juggling her life with four children with grace, humour, and wit. Take your time to find out more about her.
Wow, I finally put this post together! It took me like forever! So glad I finally did it!