Wednesday, 19 December 2012

A bit of joy and hope

Today was all christmasy in our house.

In the morning the husband, Sunny and I went to a Christmas market we had never been to before (and will never visit again, that is for sure, because it was a total fail ;-) ). The weather was dry for the first day since I don't know when so we had a nice walk around the little town and in the park nearby.

The highlight of my day, however, happened in the evening. Sunny had his very first performance since he attends kindergarten. Today was the annual (pre-) Christmas worship of the school and kindergarten that Sunny attends. And he, my precious boy, was one of the angels in the nativity play. And I have to say he was the most beautiful angel ever seen in a nativity play! My heart swelled and I was so full of joy when I saw him!

After the play the intercessions were read and when the pastor prayed for those who lost loved ones this year I was instantly thinking of the grieving people of Newtown and I was so sad for them and said a prayer.

To attend the service, however, felt so good. I don't go to church very often but today I felt somehow lifted. I had to choke back tears while singing the songs but, as I already told you, I am a crier. So, nothing new here. It was so wonderful to see how the little ones loved to play their roles and how proud they were when they were applauded for it at the end. It felt good and joyous and full of hope for the good things in our world.

6 comments:

  1. Awww! Sounds perfect! I bet Sunny was an AWESOME angel! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, he absolutely was! I hope I had the chance to get a few decent pictures of him, the light was so dim. Have to check my camera!

      Delete
  2. so happy!! enjoy your christmas with the family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will surely enjoy it! Hope you will have a wonderful Christmas, too!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)