Monday, 31 December 2012

2012 Wrap-up

I recently saw this on another blog and thought that it was a funny way to wrap up the year.


Gained or lost weight?
Actually it stayed the same. It is the same since I lost all the weight I gained from my pregnancy with Sunny and now I weigh 10 kg less than before my pregnancy.

Predominant feeling in 2012?
Excitement over that talker thing and nervousness as to whether it would be granted

Predominant feeling for 2013?
Joyful anticipation

Something you did for the first time in 2012?
Start my own blog ;-)

Something you did again in 2012 after a long pause?
Handling all those pre-digital pictures that still need to be put into photo albums! I still have two shelves in my closet full of prints and I finally need that space for other things!

Something you unfortunately did not do in 2012?
Swim in the ocean and oh, how sad I am about that!

Word of the year?
Talker

City of the year?
--

Hair longer or shorter?
It stayed more or less the same with minor changes now and then, depending on when my latest visit to the hairdresser was ;-)

More or less money spent?
Frankly speaking, I don't want to know 8-)

Highest mobile phone bill?
42 Euro / 55 USD

Hospital stays?
Unfortunately, I had to accompany Sunny three times to the hospital in 2012, each time for several days :-/

(Fallen) In love?
Still in love with my beautiful boy (always!) and my husband (most of the time ;-) )!
Oh yeah, and still in love with the car I bought in 2011 ;-)

Most called person?
My husband and my parents

Whom did you spend the most beautiful time with?
The friend I visited this summer together with Sunny that I lost contact to more than ten years ago. Last year we found each other on Facebook and this year we finally managed to meet again! It was such a wonderful weekend!

What did you spend most of your time with?
Doing the laundry, picking up toys from the floor, going to therapies and appointments with Sunny, Internet

Song of the year?
"I follow Rivers" by Triggerfinger


Book of the year?
-- (This needs to change!)

TV show/movie of the year?
"Seven Pounds" with Will Smith (I know the movie is much older but I finally saw it this summer for the first time and was really touched by it)

Insight of the year?
Sunny finally needs a tool to help him share his thoughts and feelings with us (and anyone else!) and if I don't take charge of that, nobody will!

Three things you totally could have done without?
Sunny's hospital stays
The annual tax declaration
All those dreadful household tasks I hate

Most beautiful event?
A sailing trip with Sunny, my sister, and her family

More short-sighted or more far-sighted than 2011? 
Actually, my short-sightedness improved a bit this year, whereas Sunny's far-sightedness significantly worsened (maybe also due to the fact that he is older now and that his eyes can be measured better now)

The most dangerous thing you did?
-- (Still thinking about that one but I guess my life is just plain boring)

The most expensive thing you bought?
There was nothing I bought this year that was expensive enough to still remember 

The most delicious meal or food you ate?
Sorry, but I LOVE eating, I cannot choose anything particular! :-)

The best party?
The nativity play when Sunny was an angel <3

The most important thing you wanted to convince somebody of?
Our paediatrician that Sunny needs a talker!

The most beautiful present you gave to somebody?
Some weeks ago the cat of Sunny's hippo therapist got lost in the forest while accompanying us on one of our therapy sessions. The therapist had other sessions immediately after ours and, therefore, could not go back and look for the cat herself. It already started to dawn when I drove home so I dropped Sunny off at home, returned to the forest and searched for the cat. 45 minutes later, at the very end of the path we had taken I finally found it. The therapist almost cried when I brought her the cat because she had been so worried.

The most beautiful present that somebody gave you?
The grant for Sunny's talker, fully paid for by our insurance company!

The most beautiful sentence someone said to you?
Sunny's first two word sentence in sign language

The most beautiful sentence you said to someone? 
"The insurance company just called, our talker is granted!!" 

How will you celebrate New Year's Eve?
We will stay at home and celebrate with my mother-in-law.

What will you have for dinner?
Raclette
(from wikipedia, where you can also see a picture of it: A modern way of serving raclette involves an electric table-top grill with small pans, known as coupelles, to heat slices of raclette cheese in. Generally the grill is surmounted by a hot plate or griddle. The cheese is brought to the table sliced, accompanied by platters of boiled or steamed potatoes, other vegetables and charcuterie. These are then mixed with potatoes and topped with cheese in the small, wedge-shaped coupelles that are placed under the grill to melt and brown the cheese. Alternatively, slices of cheese may be melted and simply poured over food on the plate. The accent in raclette dining is on relaxed and sociable eating and drinking, the meal often running to several hours. French and other European supermarkets generally stock both the grill apparatus and ready-sliced cheese and charcuterie selections, especially around Christmas. Restaurants also provide raclette evenings for parties of diners.)

What drinks will be in your glasses to clink?
I guess we will treat ourselves with Champagne.

Will you ignite any fireworks?
There are some left of those we bought last year so we will send them off before Sunny goes to bed.

What are you going to wear? Comfy or glamourous?
Comfy!

Did you have any resolutions for 2012? And how about 2013?
As already mentioned, I do not really make any resolutions lists.
What I am hoping to do or achieve, though, can be found here:
- Taking better care of myself
- Read more
- Apply for Mother-Child Convalescent Care
- Becoming more uncluttered and organised

What are your wishes for the new year?
That Sunny finally starts talking more and more! And if not, that he learns to use the talker quickly to let us know what is going on in his cute little head!
That all my loved ones stay healthy.
No hospital stays!

In one word: 2012 was...
... well-balanced.


Do you want to join me? Do your own 2012 Wrap-up! I would so love to read it! :-)


4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I hope I have time to do it before tonight (no school for Tucker and we're going to a light show early tonight...busy makes it hard for me to be online when he's on break!).

    First, I am so excited that Sunny will get his talker. I hope he loves it and gets the hang of it quickly. It will be such a joy for all of you to know what's going on "in his cute little head!"

    I was sorry to hear that he had several hospital stays this year - were they due to bronchitis? That's so hard...I hope he has zero hospital visits in 2013!

    What is raclette?

    You were so sweet to get your therapist's cat! And how cool is it that your therapist did a trip with you and Sunny in the woods!?!? That's awesome.

    I've never seen Seven Pounds but now I really want to!

    This is such a fun post. Thanks so much for sharing. Also, thanks huge for all of your comments on Finding Ninee last night - you really are catching up on the whole thing! there are probably old dumb posts that I should delete...oh well.

    Happy, happy new year's eve, sweet Joy! Enjoy the last day of 2012.

    HUGS! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, kindergarten does not start before January 7 again and I also need to steal the time for blogging!

      We were at the hospital twice because of strep throat in combination with a GI infection (he got dehydrated because he was not able to drink anymore due to his throat and the rest that was still inside him all came out due to the GI infection - my poor baby!) and the third time because of a concussion. So I hope we will not see the hospital again next year!

      I added the information about Raclette in my post. It is quite popular here, especially on special occasions like Christmas or New Year's Eve.

      We found out that Sunny prefers to ride in the woods since there is so much more to see or hear and his attention span is so much better there, so we go there every time and he LOVES it! In the winter we have to take a break from riding because she has no indoor school and he misses his pony like crazy!

      You should totally watch Seven Pounds!!

      I love that you enjoyed this post so much! Hope you will find the time to do it, too!

      I enjoy reading all of your posts and, so far, there was not a single one I thought you needed to delete! xoxo

      Happy New Year's Eve to you and your loved ones, too! I am SO GLAD we met! <3 Enjoy the light show tonight!!

      Lots of love!
      Joy

      Delete
  2. I cracked up when I saw that you are still in love with your husband most of the time :)

    I am so glad I found your blog this year. Happy New Year to your and yours and best wishes for less hospitalizations for Sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I wrote this post yesterday and it was just then that we had a little argument and I was feeling a "tiny bit" pissed... ;-)

      Thanks for all your good wishes! And a Happy New Year to you, too!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)